12/22/07The family gathered for a bon voyage dinner at our favorite Turkish restaurant - SEVEN'S. We enjoyed some great Chilean wine with yummy Mediterranean delights (probably the last fresh vegetables that we will eat for the next two weeks.) We are anticipating a steady diet of smoked fish and reindeer meat in Antarctica. Right --- there are no reindeer in Antarctica. However, I expect the Norwegian crew brings a ton of it from Norway. It will feel a little uncomfortable eating reindeer over the Christmas holiday, but explorers have to deal with this kind of thing.
Allie, Dave, Ruthellen and Marc are packed and ready to head south. Julia is heading down to Panama with Sequoia to ring in the New Year Latin American style. Becky will keep the home fires buring and remain in New York City with our son-in-law-to-be, Steve.
And so ... we are off on our great adventure. I hope the internet gods are friendly down in the polar region and with a little luck this blog will continue.
9 comments:
The last supper was great! I am busy packing for my trip to Panama-- leaving tomorrow early. Bon Voyage! See you next year!
Seven's was delicious! steve and i will hold down the fort in the US - Bon Voyage!
Now I see it!
Just wanted to say to you all, have a safe and exciting trip, Jane and I will be watching the blog! We are off to the Meshkovs tonight, for Christmas eve with the Jews of Yardley!
I see you arrived 35 minutes late. Hope you're already having fun -- and keeping warm.
Loveya
Love your "last supper" photo. Guess you are currently ambiened up and snoozing away. We are preparing for xmas eve with Beth, Joe, baby Chase and the whole gang. It will be a busy and fun-filled evening.
Can't wait for your arrival and the details to start pouring in.
Comment from Panama-- not sure if it´s relevant to the Last Supper, but just wanted to let you know we arrived safe and sound and are having a ball...and I think it´s much warmer here than where you are. Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out. Love to all...J
Love the photo with wine in hand...So far so good, all smiles...eating reindeer over the holidays could be tricky, hopefully Rudolph won't mind, after all, you do need your protein!! Have a fun filled safe trip, we look forward to your adventure!!
Andee
eh, hello, I was able to easily tap into the internet from the lobby of the Intercontinental. Those of us following from home, desperate for any tidbit have now gone two days with nothing.....:o)
Hope you are off to a great start.
Watching with bated breath,
cj
Post a Comment